Sunday, January 24, 2016

How Shall We Praise Him?


How Shall We Praise Jesus?  So often our Praise is Thanksgiving and that is truly a blessings unto the Lord.  But as I mused on the thought “How Shall We Praise our Lord” – Truly Praise Him from the depth of our being. I Hear the Psalmist “I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will Sing Praise to my God while I have my being.” So often as we try to focus on Him and Worship, many thoughts cloud our mind.  In this day of ‘fast things’ sometimes our Worship is caught up in the fast pace of life and does not touch our soul in such a way to bring Peace to our spirit. So often I have preached from the Book of Psalms, and here I am again. In the Psalms, this Passage mentioned is the 104th chapter, I encourage you to read the glorious facts of God’s creative power. As the writer of this Psalm comes to a close, there are vows and admonitions of Praise.  I will sing unto the Lord; I will Sing Praise unto my God; My meditation of Him shall sweet; and I will be glad in the Lord!”  O that saints would Praise Him with such a strong ‘will’!  The Writer of Hebrews records God’s Message to us: “I will make a New Covenant; I will be Merciful to the unrighteous; I will put My Laws in their heart; I will never leave thee nor forsake them,” How awesome is that?  If these Promises of God be in our heart and soul then a Song of Praise should erupt from the depths of our being.  There is shallow praise, – Jesus made such a comment in Matt 15:8 “This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me.” My thought in this Message today is to inspire us to think on the depth of Praise that is in our heart. Does it pass our soulish realm, the place of our personal “I Wills?” And bring us into Spiritual Communion with the Presence of God? His Praise can not be hurried, it must be thoughtful, thankful, prayerful and filled with a depth of feeling – a feeling of love and devotion. “How Shall We Praise Him?”  With a Whole Heart!  We were created to Praise Him! The Word of God reveals in Ps. 102:18 ...“This shall be written for the generation to come: And the people which shall be created shall Praise the Lord.   Together let us search the depth of our heart and give Him Praise!  I truly believe that God’s heart longs for His people to Sing and glorify. Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment