Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Song in the Night


I hear the melody of a Song ringing in my Spirit – “More of you Lord, More of you!”  This should be our greatest desire that we would be filled with more of our Lord and Saviour!  That in the midst of our Night Season, that is, our trials and temptations, and hardships, we would cry out for more of the Lord Jesus Christ. Scripture tells us that there is a season to all things.  Eccl 3:1 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:” VS 11-13 “God hath made everything beautiful in His time: also He hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the Gift of God.” A question was posed to me: “Why does mankind linger in the night seasons? Meaning the dark-side of life.  Thus a Message was born in my spirit – “A Song in the Night!”  We are familiar with Paul and Silas who sang at Midnight under horrendous circumstances – Perhaps the Lord is calling for a Song in the Night Season. Even as Paul and Silas were suffering their spirit sang the Praises of God.  What a thought, if we could sing God’s Praises when we are fearful, in danger, or suffering, in sorrow, or Anxiety, duress... this is the works of darkness, the works of the enemy! But God has promised “A Song in the Night!”  Ps. 40:2-3 “He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a Rock, and established my goings.  He hath put a New Song in my mouth, even Praise unto our God: [And it has an effect on everyone around you] many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.  The Message I believe the Lord would convey to us is – He is in our night and if we will Praise Him with our Song, His Loving Kindness will pour over us.  Ps. 42:8 “The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the Night His Song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.” O Church we must “admonish one another in Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Singing with Grace in our hearts unto the Lord.” ~ Col 3:16 The Night Seasons have great purpose!   Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment