Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Characteristic of Devine Wisdom - Gentleness


The Wisdom that is from above is first pure, then Peaceable, Gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of Mercy and Good Fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.” ~ James 3:17

How has the Practicing of the “Fruits of the Spirit” been going in your life this past week? I believe we will have good opportunity in the week before us to Practice Gentleness!  But remember it takes at least 21 days of Practice to make a good habit come into reality in your life.  As we continue to search out a “Fruit of the Spirit” we find that there are companions in Scripture that work with the particular Fruit we are practicing.  In this Message today we see Gentleness associated with strength, power, and war. This is quite revelatory … “God is my Strength and Power: and He maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon high places. He teacheth, my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the Shield of Thy Salvation: and Thy Gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.” 2 Sam. 22:33-37 Gentleness is an attribute of our Saviour.  Paul expressed this under the Anointing of the Holy Spirit in 2 Cor. 10:1 “I Paul beseech you by the Meekness and Gentleness of Christ:” What is revelatory in this study is: Boldness and Gentleness work together! Paul comes forth in the Holy Spirit as he informs us of the Gentleness of Christ, yet he is bold to renounce sin.  1 Thess.2:4-5  As we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the Gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: VS 7  We were Gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:” We are admonished as ‘servants of the Lord’ we must not strive, but be Gentle unto all men, apt to Teach and ‘Patient.’ The Fruit of the Spirit is sincerely prominent in a Christian’s life.   When we can respond in Gentleness, we invoke the Wisdom of God in the circumstances of our life!  O what a Gentle Saviour who lives in us!
Loving you, together let us Practice His Gentleness! Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment