Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh, How Great is Thy Goodness


Oh how great is Thy Goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy Presence…Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.”  ~ Psalms 31:19-20
We are on the seventh message of this series and the more we preach the Fruitfulness of God in our life the more I see how important it is to Magnify Him in this way!  Let us review: Gal. 5:22-25  “But the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”  Each week as I review for the message, I find great strength in the fruitfulness of God that lives within us; if only we would release this fruit into our lost and dying world! In my many years of preaching and teaching, I have heard this expression, “if I just knew what the Lord expected of me, or what is God’s will for my life?” On and on go such expressions … they can be summed up right here in this passage of scripture: “Bear fruit for the kingdom of God!”  To do this we must have a reality check! Such a check begins here. “They that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh!” I am sure there are many sermons that have been preached on “crucifying the flesh,” let us take the simplest path. If we practice walking in the Fruit of the Spirit of God that lies within us, we will walk in the will of God! Today is the Fruit of Goodness, when is the last time we thought deeply about the Goodness of God in our life?  All through Scripture we are reminded of the “Good Hand” of God. It would seem we are much more concerned about what is going wrong or what is not meeting our expectations than the Goodness of God in our life!  David was a man after God’s own heart because even in his weakness, his desire was to emulate the Fruit of God’s Spirit within his soul! “Have Mercy upon me O Lord according to your Lovingkindness!” My goal today is to inspire the Church to meditate upon the goodness of the Lord in their lives & in our land. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”   Loving you & praising God for His goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment