Friday, February 7, 2014

Prince of Peace


Unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: the government shall be upon His shoulder: His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”   ~ Isa. 9:6
  
 How did your “Practicing Experience” go this past week?  I feel like the Apostle Paul when he said “I find then a Law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” [Romans 7:21] But we must hold on to the tried and true statement that “Practice makes perfect!” Just to remind us, we are practicing God’s Love, Jesus Joy, and today’s Message: “His Peace!  As I pursued Peace for this Message, I found that Peace is mentioned many times in the Old Testament as in the New Testament.  Once we see that Jesus sat something in order, it is passed along throughout the Biblical Text.  Jesus told His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, My Peace I give unto you! Then He said “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid!” I am finding in these moments of our society there is much to be fearful of: However, even in those fearful moments we can abide in His Peace. It is “The Peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” [Phil 4:7] The key word here is the Peace of God goes beyond our understanding and such Peace is planted in our heart & mind through Jesus Christ our Loving Saviour!  We have been admonished by Jesus in John 16:33: That in HIM we have Peace; “in the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world!” I believe Jesus was encouraging His followers to know that His Peace was not subjective to the world’s type of peace. His Peace will conquer our fears and bring comfort in every situation of our life. Jesus has sent the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, to bring all these things to remembrance that He has taught us in Scripture.  Peace like Joy was part of Jesus arrival as the Son of God born in flesh: Luke 2:13-14;  “… Suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host Praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth Peace, good will toward men.”  With that information the Glorious Prince of Peace has come!           Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment