Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Word to Live By! January 22, 2012

Welcome to a brand new year, a time to regroup, a time to challenge our selves to greater spiritual depth. We trust you sense the presence of the Lord as we join together to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth! May we work at being more involved in the things of the Lord as we walk through this brand new year.  You are always welcome in this Church family.

“That He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live. − Deuteronomy 8:3

I am so blessed to have a Church family who loves me and prays for me! I want to thank you for your love, prayer, flowers and encouragement that you have given me in this unsettled time of my life.  God has been gracious to me and all is well.  I exceedingly want to thank Dr. Anderson for filling my pulpit these past weeks and for the faithfulness of our Church family to carry on in my absence. My greatest joy last year was to hear my brother made eternal reservations. Now as we move forward in the New Year, let’s talk about the power of the Word. I have always preached concerning the Word of God and have encouraged the saints to “fill up” on the Word of God, this is still my message for 2012.  The Word of God gives life!  But it must go beyond our understanding into our heart where it grows into the strength of our life!  I read somewhere these past few weeks that it is good to set aside a “Word” to live by for the New Year!  You know I loved that remark for I thought of the Word of God!  Words like Peace, Joy, Lovingkindness, change, forgiveness, grow; all Scriptural Words that could bring great growth and life to the individual as we face this wonderful new year. Isa 11:1-2  comes to mind:  “And there shall come forth a Rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of His roots: And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; … This is the kind of ‘Growth’ that we need – As we ‘grow’ in the Branch, Jesus, The Spirit of the Lord will be implemented in our life!  We need the Spirit of God in this Coming New Year to fill our life with the power of His Holy Word.  Choose a Word, pursue the Scripture regarding that Word and seek to keep that Word in front of you in this New Year! My Word-Grow …Eph. 4:15 “Speaking the truth in Love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  ─ Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment