Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Midnight Hour - January 15, 2012

“Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.“  Lk. 12:40
Thoughts given by Dr. Nancy Anderson:
As I contemplate on my own life, my thought is: “Am I ready to meet my Savior — do I diligently follow after my Lord, seeking Him with my whole heart and living it. As I look at the church in general, I fear not every professing Christian is ready to meet the Lord. Although Douglas MacArthur graduated from West Point at the top of his class, he continued to prepare to serve his country. He studied every military textbook he could get his hands on, visited battlegrounds, reviewed the tactics of victors and losers. While other young officers were playing cards or practicing their golf swing, MacArthur ignored the social whirl to make himself better prepared as a future leader. He even insisted on having his appendix removed just in case it would ever cause him to be incapacitated with an attack at a crucial time. We know his battle plans were vital in the victory of World War II. Why? Because he was prepared! Are we as diligent to prepare for the coming of the Lord? Scripture tells us He will come at a “midnight hour” ... not necessarily at that time of night, but at a time when we are unaware of his coming. Will we be found sleeping, unprepared? Whatever time He calls, I pray we will hear the Bridegroom’s voice as our Beloved says: “Rise up, my love, my fair one and come away.” What a glorious day that will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment