Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Song of the Lord


Hezekiah commanded to offer the burnt offering upon the Altar. And when the burnt offering began, the Song of the Lord began also with the trumpets, and with the instruments ordained by David king of Israel.
  ~
2 Chron. 29:27
As I prepared a Message I reached into the Psalms, the Song Book of the Church. And there in Ps. 34:1 I read “I will bless the Lord at all times: His Praise
 shall continually be in my mouth.”
  My mind went quickly to last weeks Message when we read from 2 Chron. 29. The Congregation of Israelites sang the Song of the Lord while all the sacrificed animal flesh burned. Not only did they Sing, the Trumpeters, and Musicians played during that lengthy time!  So when I read in Ps. 34 David’s statement; that the Lord’s Praise would be continually in his mouth, the Spirit of the Lord nudged me to give this Message. I love what the Lord is doing today, He continues to guide me in the Scriptures for the Messages to the Body of Christ.  An explanation of “Continual” is: C “Continual Implies enduring existence often through constant renewal – reoccurring thoughts without fear …” As I meditated on this -- hmmm “Continual Praise!” The prompting of the Holy Spirit was: Think of how “Continual” our God is! He is full of Continual Compassion, His Mercy, His Grace, His forgiveness, His Truth – how thought provoking is the thought of “Continual Praise?! “Singing the Song of the Lord in our heart Continually!” David “sang” in the midst of distress, He sang when Saul tried to murder him, he sang when he was discouraged, and he sang when he was near fainting in the midst of his crisis! Ps.27 is a Song of great distress, a time of discouragement that David was going through, he recalls; I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Then he encouraged us to “Wait on the Lord!” We have all had times of waiting, and here, we are encouraged to wait, to remember the Goodness of the Lord in Continual songs of Praise.  What a time of waiting, if we could do it with Continual Praise! “Enduring through constant renewal!” Renewing ourselves in our Faith, our commitment to Christ, and Continually with a Song of Praise in the depth of our heart! What a “Continual God” we serve! The Psalmist wrote in the 52nd Ps. “… the Goodness of God endureth Continually!”  O let the Church enter into the Continual Song of the Lord! And Sing His Praise “more and more” Ps.71   
Loving everyone of you!  Pastor

“Deep calleth unto deep …the Lord will command His Loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night His Song shall be with me and my Prayer is unto the God of my life.”  ~ Ps. 42:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment