Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Call for Sanctification


For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is Sanctified by the Word of God and Prayer. For bodily exercise profited little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having Promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.”   ~ 1 Tim. 4:4-8
In my devotions and Prayer I heard the Lord say “I’m calling for Sanctification.” And my first thought was O Lord, please don’t ask me to peach on this subject. But as I Prayed I knew it was a holy moment and God was speaking in my spirit and calling me to sanctify my life a fresh. Then I must speak this Message to Lord’s Church. It is easy to get caught up in the corruption of our world today. Our conversation sometimes moves in slang words and critical attitudes. God’s guidelines have been annihilated and this has a great effect on His Church. I was led to John 17 – In Jesus Personal Prayer to His Father, in this intimate Passage of Scripture, our Lord Prays for us. Jesus reminds His Father, He has given us His Word – then He Prays for us: Vs9 I pray for them: I Pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are Thine.” As we move through this Chapter, We hear Jesus Pray …Vs 17 Sanctify them through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth.”  And the Lord’s desire for us is: “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast Loved them, as thou hast Loved Me.” There is an Old Testament Sanctification and then we see Sanctification in the New Testament. Check out 2 Chronicles 29. Hezekiah comes into Kingship and He calls for the Priests and the Levities to sanctify themselves and the Temple and ultimately the congregation of the Israelites. This immediate Call for Sanctification of the Temple and God’s people in the Old Testament is quite unique. It required the following: Seven bullocks, seven rams, seven lambs, seven goats. These animals must be killed and their blood sprinkled on the Altar. The Sacrifices were to be burned and The Priests and Levites were to bring all manner of instruments and when the burn offering began, Vs27, “the Song of the Lord began with the instruments and all the Congregation worshiped, and the Singers sang, and the trumpeters sounded: and all the congregation continued until the burnt offering finished!” And today we will explore the New Testament meaning ‘to be sanctified.’ As I Prayerfully pursued Sanctification and its meaning I knew the Lord is speaking to His Church in preparation for His Coming. His Great desire is that we will set ourselves apart from the world and be a witness of Who He is in our life! And that we will pursue His Holiness and to pursue His Righteousness, that our desires might be acceptable to our Lord and Saviour. With the Old Testament thoughts in mind, how awesome is the New Testament Sanctification?! Jesus Blood is our cleansing power, and His Mercy and Grace is readily available to all who desire to be Set Apart for Him!  Loving you and Pursuing Him, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment