Friday, September 12, 2014

Ways to Magnify God


“Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, Thou art very Great; Thou art clothed with Honour and Majesty.” ~ Ps. 104:1
 Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of His Glory.” The Greatness of our God remains on my mind as I began to prepare for this week’s Message. I could not shake the power, the glory, the honour or the Magnitude of our Holy God! He is so short changed in our society today and often looked at as just a God of Judgment. But, He is awesomely powerful in Forgiveness, strengthening us, and radiating in Holy Love for us! And that doesn’t even begin to say it all. As I mused on the ‘ways’ to worship Him, I was at a loss. I went to Scripture to see ‘ways’ to magnify our God Jehovah. Here are some of the ‘ways’ the saints of old have Magnified God. Job 36: Remember that you Magnify His work that everyone may see it. Behold, observe our God is Great! The number of His years cannot be searched out! Job praises for the rain, clouds, His Tabernacle, His Light, the sea, His Judgment! 2 Samuel 7: Worships: Let Thy Name be Magnified forever, the Lord of hosts, He is the God of Israel! David Ps 34, 104: I will bless the Lord at all times, His Praise shall continually be in my mouth, my soul shall make its boast in Him. O Magnify the Lord, exalt His name, He delivers me from my fears. Thou covers me, O Lord how manifold are Thy works, the earth is full of Thy riches. Paul Phil.1: “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.” Peter Acts 10: While Peter spoke the Word, the Holy Ghost fell on all – they heard them speak with tongues, and Magnify God with Thanksgiving. Mary, Jesus Mother, Luke 1: “My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. He hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden.”  When giving honour to God in your thoughts begin to read the Scriptures and you will see the many ways that the saints in Scripture show homage to God’s Holiness.  In a day when our society wants to take God out of everything, we are destined to exalt Him!   Together we will magnify the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.   Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment