Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Wisdom for Tomorrow


Isaiah 34:16  “Seek ye out of the Book of the Lord, and Read:”
Are you anxious for tomorrow, the government proceedings, taxes being raised, impeachment, the evil of our day, fear of the future, etc … I’m sure there are numerous items that can be added, but to say the least we often say; “what would we do without Jesus!” The Hope we have in Him and our Eternal Life. There is Wisdom that can be attained for our future and for tomorrow. I don’t often just skim through the Scriptures … most often I search before and after the Passage of Scripture, but I have found some Wisdom in “bits” of Scripture as I’ve browsed contemplatively through my Bible. Usually it is in silent Prayer meditation longing to find a source of comfort for the moment. This is the Message today. Bits and Pieces of Wisdom for the tomorrows that follow. There is always comfort in God’s Word, but sometimes it is the last place we go to be comforted. One such verse that caught my eye was in Isaiah 34:16 and almost audibly I heard the Words … “Seek ye out of the Book of the Lord, and Read …” How potent that was to Seek the Lord from His Word! Simple, yes, but how often do we pass up the simple for something, hmmmm unusual or perhaps revelatory? In this Message today we will give attention to simple requests of the Word of God that will be “Wisdom for the Future, for tomorrow!” As I mused on Scripture I remembered the disciples, actually Thomas who said: “Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finer into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.” I wander if that attitude still exists today? If we could just see with our eyes a miracle, we would have greater Faith? The whole Message of Christ is that we walk in Faith, trusting that what God has said, He will bring it to pass. We need greater Faith for tomorrow, greater dependence on God for the days ahead. We need His Wisdom to be the strength of our life for it is in Him that we trust and not in the arm of flesh. The simple Word that we explore is “Seek” Seek Me … A “Bit” I picked up was in Luke 6: “But I say unto you which hear …” This is my Prayer for tomorrow, that we might “Hear” what the Spirit of God desires of us in this moment and time!  Loving You, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment