Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Rejoice Always


As I began my Prayer for the first sermons of this New Year … My thoughts wondered through the Scriptures. This is most usual, each year, meditating upon what will stir our heart to glorify the Lord more, for I know we must grow in our relationship with Jesus. The Passage of Scripture that invaded my mind came out of our Advent, the first Message concerning Jesus in the New Testament; The angel brought this Message to the Shepherds, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great Joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. [Luke 2:10-11].  As I thought on this first audible Message of our Saviour straight from heaven and being given to the Shepherds – they were told of Great Joy!  Sometimes we have Joy, but Great Joy?  Such Joy overrides Fear and this Joy dwells in our Salvation!  Now I feel the Holy Spirit nudges me to pursue our response to this Holy and Powerful Message of the Angels.  I begin to see that Great Joy comes out of Rejoicing and Rejoicing Always, in all circumstances! It took a little time to meditate upon being Joyful Always! My mind wondered, Joyful in every circumstance?  The greatest example of this Joy would be when Scripture reveals that Jesus saw the cross and suffering as a Joy that set before Him.  Well as I embarked upon this thought of Rejoice Always and this message began to take shape… my car got very sick, the lift in the house that carried me to the lower apartment decided to also be sick. I use the term sick as I smile to see the circumstances arise for me to practice this Message. Yes, we must practice God’s Word!  Rejoicing in the harsh circumstances takes the edge off the devil’s plan and gives us the victory!  Such trials are seasons when we exercise our Faith and we grow stronger in our Christian life. And somehow I think Rejoicing prepares us for the Coming of our Lord and Saviour!  Habakkuk gives us a great example of Rejoicing Always, he tells us when everything fails, “I will Rejoice in the Lord, I will Joy in the God of my Salvation!” The next statement of Habakkuk is: “The Lord is my strength.” There is strength in our Rejoicing! Paul also talks about Rejoicing Always and the God of Peace shall be with you! Joel admonishes us “be glad and Rejoice in the Lord your God!”  Our New Year theme must be ... Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say Rejoice.  Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment