Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Spirit of this World


“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning, how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” ~ Isa 14:12-14

There is quite a contrast to the thoughts of Lucifer, “the spirit of this world” and the “Spirit of God” that dwells in our world. O how precious the Living Word of God is to our soul! John 3:35-36 gives us this powerful information – “The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand.  He that believeth on the Son hath Everlasting Life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” Jn 3:30-31 He must increase, but I must decrease. He that cometh from above is above all: He that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all.” I find myself more and more involved in God’s Word as I see the Signs of Time unfolding in this our day. God has revealed our future in His Word and nothing of this world can detour the plan of God. Sometimes His plan is clear, and often we see through a ‘glass darkly’ as the Word mentions, but ultimately we will see Him face to face; I love the Words that follow: “Now abideth Faith, Hope, Charity, and the greatest of these is Charity, Follow after Charity and desire Spiritual Gifts.” [1 Cor 13:12-14:1] Faith. Hope, and Love continue to abide with the Born Again Believer who seeks for God to ‘increase’ in their life!  I hear the Words of the Job the most ancient of Scripture as he declares: “The Spirit of God hath made me, and the Breath of the Almighty hath given me Life.” ~ Job 33:4 The only “I Will” that is worthy in the earth is: “Jesus went a little further, and fell on His face, and Prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. Jesus said unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”  Wishing you a joyous Resurrection Sunday, filled with the Spirit of the Living God! Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment