Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What To Do When I Am Desolate


What a glorious day in which we live, opportunities on every hand to display the Christ that lives within us! It is also a time of difficulties, trails and temptations.  In our Message today we take a serious look at Psalm 143.  It is powerful, first David begins to Prayer for it seems he is in great distress. He cries out for Mercy! He recognizes that no individual can be justified before a Holy God. But in his state of distress he also recognizes the “Faithfulness” of the God he serves and he asks for answers. David lets us know the enemy is persecuting his soul and he has been driven to darkness.  I’m wondering if anyone can identify with these feelings of desolation?  The devil is in conflict with his soul, [our soul] the place of all his affections, his goals, and his dreams; he goes on to say that the enemy is also overwhelming his spirit until his heart is desolate. Our spirit is the spiritual part of mankind, the place where Jesus abides, where the Holy Spirit of God convicts and comforts. What do we learn from David’s desolation?  As the Spirit of Lord is prompting him to write these words, we note that also the Holy Spirit is encouraging him in the right direction for we read his next heart felt statement: “Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I Trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee.” David’s heart cry continues:  Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy spirit is good. Lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O Lord, for Thy name's sake: for Thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.” There are many instances of distress that David suffered but he railed against God only sought for His lovingkindness and requested His guidance.  Loving you and Praying for you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment