Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Moments After Resurrection Part 5


“The graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after Jesus Resurrection, and went into the Holy City, and appeared unto many.”   ~ Matt.27:52-53 
What Power Resurrection!? Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph o’er His foes; He arose a Victor from the dark domain, and He lives forever with His saints to reign, He arose!  He arose!  Hallelujah! Christ arose!”  What a powerful song written by Robert Lowry.  Just to sing it, is to sense that powerful moment when Jesus came forth from the grave overturned the power of darkness and became our Hope of Eternal Life!  There were “happenings” at that moment that sometimes are overlooked. Let us begin at the moment preceding the “empty tomb!”  The Angel has come and rolled back the stone from the door of the tomb.  Scripture reveals in Matthew Ch. 28. The guards in great fear, and shaking became like dead men.  As the Sabbath ends and the first day of week begins to dawn, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome come bringing sweet spices that they might anoint Jesus body – they came wondering how they would roll away the stone. They found the stone rolled away and this awesome Message: “Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, He has risen!”  Jesus appears first unto Mary Magdalene and as she reaches to embrace Him; Jesus saith unto her, touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father … and to My God, and your God.” In those first brief moments Jesus presented Himself to the Father and became our Sacrifice for Salvation.  And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them….” Jesus went and preached unto the spirits in prison; and He said: “I Am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I Am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” I can only respond as Paul:  “That I might know Him in the power of His Resurrection…” Loving you, Pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment