Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thoughts To Live By

Another year is upon us! How great is our God, that year after year He remains the same, full of love and forgiveness to His people! This thoughts are always upon us. This is sometimes hard to understand - because in the busyness of our schedules we often forget some important event, date or even a loved one; yet God continues to remember us down to the hairs of our head. His thoughts toward us is: that we might have peace, and an expected end. Often we wonder about the latter days of our life, sometimes discouraged because we have not obtained certain things, but God stands by ready to give us eternal life! As my thoughts moved through the past year and then to the year ahead, I wondered what 2014 would be like as I thought on the wickedness of our country and lack of concern for the things of God in our government. While I was quietly musing, I heard the still small voice with say,  "Ye shall go our with joy!" Awesome, I thought! Immediately I snatched my Bible and hunted for that phrase! I found it in Isaiah 55:10-12, "For as the rain cometh down, and snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall my word be that goeth from out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." God's word shall be my thought for the New Year! His word will accomplish His will, and there will be joy and peace for me in my life; and I will break forth in worship and song! Desiring this for you, loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment