Saturday, October 12, 2013

“I Love The Lord, Because … !”

Oct. 13, 2013 “I Love the LORD, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.”  ~ Psalm 116:1
The Message today is unique or maybe the term is different.  It asks the question, “Why do you Love the Lord?” This is somewhat strange because I am speaking to the Church and to the saints, people who have come to worship the Lord on this, His Holy day!  But as I was meditating in my devotions, Thanking the Lord and of course asking for His help in many things, I heard the Words of King David mightily and clearly in my spirit!  “I love the Lord...” hurriedly I open the Psalms to 116, a Psalm I had read many times.  And here David is telling God why He Loves Him. Immediately I knew this was thought for a sermon.  With this question in mind I turned to Scriptures that would reflect “why we Love the Lord!”  I know we Love Him because He has saved us from sin, He has redeemed us: old things are passed away and we are a new creature in Him.  These are the teachings of Scripture, however here in the Psalm David is exposing His heart to the Lord. I Love you Lord because you hear my voice; I love you Lord because you hear my supplications ─ my humble cry/request, Prayer or Petition! He hears me! Because when I am in trouble or have sorrow I can call upon His Name; “O Lord I beseech Thee, deliver my soul!”  I Love the Lord because He is Gracious and Righteous and Merciful, He preserves me, and when I am low, He helps me! There are many reasons why David was a ‘man after God’s own heart’ perhaps this is one of them, David exposed himself to God. David admitted that when he felt cut off from God, nevertheless God heard his voice, showed him marvelous kindness and once again heard his voice and supplication. [Ps. 31:22].  Do you ever just long for someone to truly listen, to sincerely consider your thoughts, to hear your heart?  David’s heart cry is:  “O Love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord perserveth the faithful … Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that Hope in the Lord!” ~Ps.31:23-24.  What personal thought will we give?  I Love the Lord because He understands my heart!  Why do you Love the Lord?      Loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment