Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome to this Special Service....

Mercy's Bridge is with us today in Worship & in Concert! 

Thoughts from Pastor Rice:
What a glorious day to fellowship together in our Lord's House! It is always an Awesome day when the Family of God gathers together to praise His Holy Name! Today is a great day for Rejoicing! Let us therefore rejoice in the goodness of the Lord as we sing His Praises! Music is strength to the soul as the Lord is magnified in song. The Book of Psalms is full of singing and rejoicing, and this is a day when the saints of God need the Song of the Lord in their spirit! The good old fashioned songs of the ancients that glorify The Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I have learned in these days, it is the Song of the Lord that keeps us from evil, stirs our heart, and nourishes our inner man. Right this moment, the strains of this song runs through my spirit: " I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing..." I am so grateful for the Mercy of the Lord, and as I sing it in my spirit, I am overwhelmed with His Presence! Think of this glorious song: " This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long..." Christianity needs to beef up their songs of Praise until their heart is stirred and worship becomes the theme of their life. After all, God said in Psalms 81:10, " I Am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." Egypt is a type of the world and God has surely brought us out of the world and set our feet on solid ground, the Rock! How can we not open wide our mouths in songs of Praise? This is a great cause for Praise and Worship! When the depth of Praise comes from within and rises before the throne of God, the heavenly language kicks in and we are caught up in the Presence of our Lord and Savior~ then "Worship comes forth!" Let us meditate upon the songs of the Lord that glorify Him and encourage our inner man. It is in the midst of great trial that David's songs burst forth, full of thanksgiving, sometimes singing of the vexation of his soul, but declaring the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, like: "My soul, in sad exile, was out on life's sea so burdened with sin and distressed, Till I heard a sweet voice saying, 'Make Me your choice,' and I entered the Haven of Rest! I've anchored my soul in the Haven of Rest, I'll sail the wide seas no more; The tempest mat sweep o'er the wild stormy deep, In Jesus I'm safe evermore..." Let the Songs of the Lord sweep o'er your soul today as we enjoy this special occasion and fellowship together in His Presence!
                                           Loving you, Pastor

To honor Sunday School month, Commerce Community Church honored Dr. Phyllis D. Goerndt for her service over the past 26 years in teaching Sunday School and imparting the Word of God to us.
She also serves as Prayer Leader, Ministry of music [piano], is Department Head for the Nouthetic Counseling, teaches & grades for the Shalom Bible College, serves in the Food Cupboard, and is a Deacon/Elder for visitation. 
   We Love you Dr. Goerndt! Blessings to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment