Sunday, July 29, 2012

" I Remember Jesus! "

" Jesus took Bread, and gave Thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them saying, This is My body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me." -- Luke 22:19

Thoughts from Pastor's Message:
Today the Lord has laid on my heart something very special to do with the Commerce Family. It will be a " Service of Remembrance!" A time to reflect on something that the Lord has done for you in your life. It will be a " Bless and Share Service."  This is how it works: I will begin and share with you something that the Lord has done for me in my life. [We must keep it brief so that everyone will have opportunity to share the goodness of the Lord in their life.] Once I have concluded my moment of " Remembering," I will Bless someone else to share their Remembrance of our Lord working in their life. It is important that we do this often in our daily routines for it is a Commandment of our Lord Jesus. As Jesus was at the Last Supper with His Disciples, He shared the emblems that expressed Himself, The Bread, His Body: The Fruit of the Vine, that expressed His Blood that would be poured out for our Salvation. Our greatest example of this "Remembering" is probably found in the Book of Psalms. There, the Psalmist remembers he was fashioned in his Mother's womb, and he was fearfully and wonderfully made. He rejoices at the glorious wonders of God's creation; he revels in the God of His Salvation and cries out that the Holy Spirit be not taken from him. He testifies and sings that the Lord is his Rock, his fortress, his Deliverer, his Strength... He sings and praises on... " I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised! -- He delivered me from my strong enemy..."  This is our Lord & Savior. He has delivered us! All Glory to His Holy Name!
                     Loving you, Pastor 

No comments:

Post a Comment