Monday, April 23, 2012

The Glorious House of the Lord! April 22, 2012


O Glorious Salvation, Sing Praises unto our Lord & Saviour!  We are blessed that you have come to worship with us today! May the Joy of your Salvation overflow as we Sing His Praises together! I hear the Psalmist as he sings: I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the House of the Lord!” − Psalm 122:1       

Let’s talk about how we feel as Sunday rolls around!  It is the most wonderful day of the week!  Most do not have to go to their work place, and it is a day that the Lord has set aside for His people to worship Him, to “remember Him.”  It is a time to rest from our labors and a time to reflect on the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  God’s House is a safe House! It is glorious because the saints gather to fellowship and to think upon our Lord and all His glorious and marvelous works that He has done in the earth!  It is especially precious when we are as the Psalmist reminisces in 55:14, “We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the House of God in company.” O how great is our God!  He meets with us as we come together in His house, and as we dismiss the cares of this life for the moment and worship Him. We enter into Singing our Lord’s Praises C “I will Sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will Sing Praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.” –Ps.104:33-34; and then we are reminded of our responsibility to the Glorious Gospel; 1 Tim. 1:11, “According to the Glorious Gospel of the Blessed God, which was committed to ‘our’ trust.” The writer of Proverbs [16:24] declares; “Pleasant Words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.”  … so is our fellowship in the family of God! Sometimes we are over whelmed with the cares of this life and the difficulties that we face, then again the Song of the Psalmist comes into my spirit … Psalm 27:13-14; I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord!”  Jeremiah [17:12] talks about the Sanctuary and his prophetic thought is so precious C “A Glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our Sanctuary!” What an awesome thought, the Sanctuary of God is His high throne and we are destined to one day enter this place.  So important the House of God?  It is a place to prepare the next generation for worship and adoration of our God C “One generation shall Praise Thy works to another, and shall declare Thy mighty acts. I will speak of the Glorious honour of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous works.”  Praying for you and loving you, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment